May 19, 2019 09:10 PM
An eight-year-old child is being treated for burn injuries at the Hennepin County Medical Center after a water heater exploded in a Chanhassen home Sunday night.
Carver County dispatch stated that the explosion took place at around 7:57 p.m. on the 400 block of Santa Fe Trail.
Multiple children were reportedly playing near the water heater when it exploded. Dispatchers stated that there were never any flames.
The child's injuries caused by the hot water were not life-threatening.
Stay with 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS and KSTP.com as we follow this story.
Created: May 19, 2019 09:10 PM
Copyright 2019 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company