Updated: March 20, 2020 09:17 AM
Created: March 20, 2020 08:59 AM
An overloaded electrical power strip caused a fire in a Richfield duplex Friday morning, according to the Richfield Fire Department.
Fire Chief Wayne Kewitsch said firefighters responded to a report of smoke coming from a residence on the 7500 block of 18th Avenue South at about 3:47 a.m.
Crew members were able to contain the fire to the basement and reported moderate smoke damage on the first floor.
The family living in the affected unit of the duplex was displaced, according to the department, but are able to stay with family in the area.
No one was hurt, authorities said.
Copyright 2020 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company