September 04, 2017 11:28 AM
A dog alerted the occupants of an Oak Grove home to a fire early Monday, but died in the blaze itself.
Oak Grove Fire Chief Curt Hallermann said both of the people in the home made it safely out of the residence, located on the 4200 block of 218th Avenue Northwest.
However, although the dog alerted the people to the fire, it would not exit the home.
"The dog woke them up and warned them, but unfortunately refused to exit and perished in the fire," Hallermann said. "That was sad."
Hallermann said the fire began in the garage and spread to the home. He said the residence suffered significant damage.
Firefighters were dispatched to the residence around 6:28 a.m. Monday.
Updated: September 04, 2017 11:28 AM
Created: September 04, 2017 11:22 AM
Copyright 2018 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company