December 29, 2017 02:25 PM
The name of the 18-year-old man shot by police inside Minneapolis City Hall Monday has been added to the Hennepin County Jail roster.
Marcus Fischer had been at Hennepin County Medical Center since the early-evening hours Monday, when he was shot by police in an interrogation room after being questioned about a shooting.
The state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension later said he remained at the hospital under supervision despite his listing on the jail roster.
Two officers had attempted to subdue Fischer after he began stabbing himself while alone in room 108 – in the department's investigative unit – but were unsuccessful, according to a source familiar with the incident. Officers then shot him.
Fischer was charged Wednesday in connection to a northeast Minneapolis shooting on Dec. 13 for which he was brought to City Hall Monday for questioning.
The charging document says Fischer admitted to helping rob a man who was shot during a botched gun deal, but not to being the trigger man.
He faces one count of first-degree assault, one count of first-degree robbery and one count of firearm possession after being a delinquent convicted of a violent crime. All are felonies. He faces a maximum 55 years in prison and/or $95,000 in fines.
Bail was set at $200,000. Fischer is scheduled to appear in court Friday.
The officers involved have been placed on standard paid administrative leave following Monday's shooting. The state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is investigating.
Editor's note: The headline and the body of this story have been updated to show that though Fischer was listed on the jail roster, he remained at Hennepin County Medical Center.
Updated: December 29, 2017 02:25 PM
Created: December 21, 2017 03:19 PM
Copyright 2018 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company