Manhunt Leads to Cancelation of Governor's Easter Egg Hunt in Wisconsin | KSTP.com

Manhunt Leads to Cancelation of Governor's Easter Egg Hunt in Wisconsin

Manhunt Leads to Cancelation of Governor's Easter Egg Hunt in Wisconsin Photo: KSTP/ File

April 14, 2017 06:02 AM

The manhunt for a fugitive in the Janesville area is prompting the cancelation of the annual Governor's Easter Egg Hunt in Wisconsin.

Gov. Scott Walker's office cited the search since last week for Joseph Jakubowski. Authorities say he's suspected of robbing a gun shop and mailing an anti-government manifesto to the White house.

RELATED: Police Hunt for Wisconsin Gun Theft Suspect with Manifesto for Trump

A statement from Walker and first lady Tonette Walker says the couple is "sad to miss one of our favorite events."

The hunt had been scheduled for Saturday.

Meanwhile, Jakubowski's stepfather, Don McLean, said Jakubowski has never had a good relationship with police and that he and his wife are concerned for his safety.

"We just want him to give up. There's no good ending to this except him giving up," McLean, 54, told The Associated Press during an interview Tuesday in which he repeatedly pleaded for his stepson to surrender.

RELATED: Stepfather of Suspect in Wisconsin Manhunt: Surrender

(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Credits

AP

(Copyright 2017 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)