May 20, 2019 09:56 PM
Authorities say one man was killed in a house fire Saturday in Isanti County.
A release from the Isanti County Sheriff's Office said emergency responders were called to a home on the 5600 block of 263rd Avenue Northeast at about 6:18 p.m. on the report of an unresponsive man inside.
When first responders arrived, they learned there had been a fire in the home and that the man was dead.
Investigation revealed the man tried to light a cigarette while oxygen was being used in the home, which caused a "flash fire."
Authorities said the victim died from smoke inhalation during the fire.
The sheriff's office identified the man as 74-year-old Lawrence Tuma.
The fire remains under investigation.
Updated: May 20, 2019 09:56 PM
Created: May 20, 2019 09:07 PM
Copyright 2019 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company