Advertisement

Grill fire damages home in Stearns County

Updated: July 16, 2019 04:50 PM

A home was damaged after a grill caught fire in Paynesville Township over the weekend.

Advertisement

The Stearns County Sheriff's Office said deputies responded to a fire on the west end of Lake Koronis at about 8:59 a.m. on July 13.

The sheriff's office said Larry Venenga was grilling on the lower patio of his home when the grill started on fire. The fire is believed to have started at the propane tank nozzle, the department said.

Venenga evacuated his home and neighboring residence and called 911.

The home caught fire due to how close it was to the grill, and the fire traveled up the wall and through the deck on the north side of the home.

The Paynesville Fire Department responded and extinguished the fire.

The exact amount of damage wasn't known, but nobody was injured.

Connect with KSTP


Join the conversation on our social media platforms. Share your comments on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages.

Credits

KSTP

Copyright 2019 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement

Minneapolis City Council passes $1.6 billion budget, more police officers included

St. Paul City Council approves 2020 budget with split vote

Man arrested, charged in connection to 1992 St. Paul unsolved homicide

Chiefs of police around Minnesota examines new ways to help those during suicide calls

Twins home opener tickets on sale, team plans ballpark upgrades

Judiciary panel to take first steps toward impeachment vote

Advertisement