Advertisement

Family displaced after grease fire in Crystal

Family displaced after grease fire in Crystal Photo: MGN

Updated: October 16, 2019 10:09 PM

A family is displaced after a grease fire in Crystal Wednesday night.

Hennepin County dispatch was notified on at 7:55 p.m. about a kitchen fire. According to Hennepin County, the grease fire in the kitchen was in a single-family home near 4800 block of Hampshire Avenue N.

Advertisement

Crystal Police officers responded and located the fire inside the kitchen. The homeowners were able to evacuated the house without injuries. 

A second home was threatened by the heat, but firefighters were able to get the fire under control quickly, avoiding damages to the neighboring houses.

The house where the fire started has extensive damages and is uninhabitable, officials said. The homeowners are being aided by the Red Cross.

The fire is under investigation.

Connect with KSTP


Join the conversation on our social media platforms. Share your comments on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages.

Credits

KSTP

Copyright 2019 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement

Minnesota Legislature to convene for another special session starting Monday

Fatal northwest Minnesota tornado reached EF-4 category, NWS says

Plymouth man charged with murding his grandmother, seriously injuring mother and sister

MDH: 609 new COVID-19 cases, 5 new deaths

Minneapolis attorney says about 20% of police force filing disability claims due to PTSD

Advertisement