10 Hospitalized for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in St. Paul

January 01, 2018 05:22 PM

A family of 10 was taken to the hospital Monday morning after their St. Paul home had dangerous levels of carbon monoxide.

Two people were placed in a hyperbaric chamber, and CO levels were recorded at 600 ppm.

Advertisement

Authorities say everyone is in stable condition at Hennepin County Medical Center. 

RELATED: Sophia's Law Now in Effect: Carbon Monoxide Safety Measure Honors 7-Year-Old Girl

Emergency responders arrived at the scene around 9 a.m. on Burr Street. Authorities say one woman came outside saying she wasn't feeling well and hadn't been for a few days, then others came out saying they were also not feeling well.

Four medical units were called to the home. 

Thirteen chickens were also in the house, and an adult chicken died. 

KSTP is following this story and will have the latest on Ch. 5 starting at 4:30 p.m. and streaming online.

Credits

Todd Wilson

Copyright 2018 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement

Winning Numbers Drawn for $1B Mega Millions Jackpot

Competitive Cycling Picks Up Traction in High Schools Around the State

Rain, Snow Possible Saturday Morning

Danny Heinrich Victim Testifies in Civil Trial

St. Paul Fire Officials Urge People To Stay Out of Caves

Investigators Continue Looking for Clues in Search for Missing Barron County Teen

Advertisement