Brooklyn Park Man Charged with Criminal Sexual Conduct in 2 Separate Cases

Clarence Cooper Photo: Hennepin County
Clarence Cooper

September 21, 2017 04:21 PM

A Brooklyn Park man has been charged in Hennepin County with two counts of criminal sexual conduct in connection with two separate incidents allegedly occurring less than a month apart this summer.

Clarence Alvin Cooper, 23, is facing both third-degree and first-degree charges. The first-degree charge stems from an incident June 24.


According to the criminal complaint, a 54-year-old female told officers she met Cooper at a church service conducted in an office building in Brooklyn Center that evening. She alleges Cooper began speaking to her in the parking lot, and throughout the evening commented that she was going to marry him and attempted to kiss her.

Afterward, she went to Denny's with several others to get food. But the restaurant was closed. She needed to use the bathroom and told officers Cooper said she could use one at his family's home. But after arriving there and using the bathroom, she said Cooper pulled her into a bedroom and sexually assaulted her.

The complaint states Cooper admitted to sex with the woman, but claimed it was consensual.

The third-degree charge stems from an incident July 16. In that case, the criminal complaint states, a 62-year-old woman told police she was at a complex pavilion with a friend before returning to her apartment on the 11th floor. She said a man, later identified as Cooper, entered through an unlocked door and sexually assaulted her before fleeing the apartment.

A witness said he ran into Cooper as the witness arrived on the 11th floor, and that Hunter appeared in a hurry. He also reportedly told the witness the woman was "crazy."

The complaint states surveillance footage shows Cooper following about five feet behind the woman as she entered the elevator in the apartment lobby. He is also said to have exited the elevator with the woman on her floor. He is also reportedly shown entering the elevator on the floor around 15 minutes later.

The footage reportedly shows the brief interaction with the witness before Cooper enters the elevator and "presses multiple buttons in a panicked manner."

According to the complaint, Cooper again admitted to sex with the woman, but again claimed it was consensual.


Frank Rajkowski

Copyright 2017 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company


St. Paul River Centre Parking Ramp Slowly Reopening as Safety Netting Goes Up

Suspect Charged with 1st-Degree Murder in Mollie Tibbetts Disappearance, Official ID Pending

Eden Prairie Husband Charged in Connection with Wife's Suicide

Paulsen, Phillips Clash in First 3rd District Debate

DOC Says Lockdown Has Been Lifted at Stillwater Prison