Chief: Fire that burned girl at Shoreview gas station not accidental

Chief: Fire that burned girl at Shoreview gas station not accidental Photo: KSTP-TV

December 13, 2018 07:22 AM

Authorities say a fire that critically burned a 17-year-old girl at a Shoreview gas station doesn't appear to have been caused by an equipment malfunction.

Lake Johanna Fire Department Chief Tim Boehlke said officials haven't found any problems with the gas pumps.

Advertisement

RELATED: 1 seriously injured in fire at Shoreview Quik Stop

Boehlke says "it appears this was not accidental," but he also says no one else was involved and there is no threat to public safety.

The teenager ran into the Quik Stop store Tuesday morning after catching on fire. A bystander used an extinguisher to douse the flames on the girl and the flames near the pumps.

The girl was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries. Her name was not disclosed.

Connect with KSTP


Join the conversation on our social media platforms. Share your comments on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages.

Credits

The Associated Press

(Copyright 2018 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Advertisement

Minnetonka school officials say anti-Semitic social media post has been removed

Topics at Minneapolis City Council meeting: Northern Metals settlement funds, Final Four

Cold Friday, followed by colder weekend in Twin Cities

After bullets comes love at North High School in Minneapolis

Sheriff's Department: 1 dead, another in critical condition after shooting at Texas church

Hotel employees across Minnesota now trained to spot signs of sex trafficking

Advertisement