1 seriously injured in fire at Shoreview Quik Stop

1 seriously injured in fire at Shoreview Quik Stop Photo: KSTP

December 12, 2018 04:19 PM

Authorities said one person was injured following a fire Tuesday morning at a Quik Stop, located on the 5900 block of Lexington Avenue in Shoreview.

The Lake Johanna Fire Department reports it was dispatched just after 6 a.m. on a report of a person with burn injuries. The victim was said to have run inside the store. A store employee assisted the victim and called 911.

Advertisement

More from KSTP


Bystanders had helped extinguish the fire, which occurred near the gas pump, by the time first responders arrived on the scene. Lake Johanna Fire Chief Tim Boehlke said it does not appear any of the gas pumps malfunctioned.

Boehlke said appears the fire was not accidental.

The victim was transported to Regions Hospital in St. Paul with what were described as life-threatening injuries.

The victim's identity has not yet been released. The matter remains under investigation.

Connect with KSTP


Join the conversation on our social media platforms. Share your comments on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages.

Credits

Frank Rajkowski

Copyright 2018 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement

Maple Grove woman shot, critically injured in restaurant parking lot

3 people found dead on White Earth Reservation related to public safety director

Flood gates installed in Henderson as city braces for flooding

Xcel Energy installing new LED lights statewide

First day of spring to feel 'seasonable'

Gov. Walz says raising gas tax 'could be used' on projects around state

Advertisement