Created: January 25, 2021 06:22 AM
A wood-burning stove is believed to have caused a fire that significantly damaged a home in central Minnesota early Monday.
According to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, officials received a report of a house fire along East Lake Vermont Road in Miltona Township at about 2:03 a.m.
The homeowners reportedly woke up and saw smoke and flames coming from the eaves of the house.
Those inside the home were able to safely exit and the Miltona, Leaf Valley and Parkers Prairie fire departments assisted at the scene.
The American Red Cross has been contacted to provde assistance. No initial injuries were reported, according to the Douglas County Sheriff's Office.
Copyright 2021 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company