Walz authorizes disaster aid for 4 counties | KSTP.com

Walz authorizes disaster aid for 4 counties

FILE - Storm damage from July 16, 2020. Photo: KSTP/Ashley Zilka. FILE - Storm damage from July 16, 2020.

Josh Skluzacek
Updated: October 20, 2020 02:32 PM
Created: October 20, 2020 02:21 PM

Gov. Tim Walz on Tuesday authorized emergency assistance for four Minnesota counties.

Walz's office said Cass, Kittson and Marshall counties sustained substantive damage from severe thunderstorms, which brought heavy rains, flooding and damaging winds, between July 15 and July 17. The storms damaged public infrastructure, causing washouts on roads and damage to utilities.

Additionally, Wilkin County sustained damage from storms with damaging winds between July 6 and July 8.

According to Walz's office, the State Disaster Contingency Account will cover 75% of eligible costs in the three counties, which totals roughly $114,169. Each county will then be responsible for the remaining 25% of costs.


Copyright 2020 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook

St. Paul senior living facility to require COVID-19 vaccines for all employees

For Hmong Americans, Suni Lee's golden Olympic run is representation on the world stage

Return of Loring Park Art Festival brings hope, inspiration to Minnesota artists

Multiple Vikings players to miss practice after positive COVID-19 test

Frustration as Biden, Congress allow eviction ban to expire