MDH: 43 newly-reported COVID-19 deaths, 5,123 newly-reported cases
Thursday, the Minnesota Department of Health reported:
- 43 newly-reported deaths from COVID-19*
- 5,277 newly-reported positive COVID-19 tests**
*MDH reported one death was from September, seven deaths were from October and 35 deaths were from this month.
**On Thursday, MDH stated the number of newly-reported cases includes the remainder of a backlog of cases from the last couple of days. Over the past weekend, COVID-19 case growth exceeded intake capacity, resulting in a temporary backlog. Additionally, last week, MDH stated that newly-reported cases may include reinfections (a confirmed or probable case from a person that previously had COVID-19 at least 90 days prior.)
Additionally, MDH said:
- 7.23 million COVID-19 vaccinations have been administered
- 3.30 million people have completed the vaccine series
- 67.4% of those 5 and older have received at least one dose of the vaccine
View the complete update via the interactive infographic below or here.
Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported, as of Thursday, all 87 counties in Minnesota remained at a high level of COVID-19 community transmission.
View the complete update via the interactive map below or here.