MnDOT’s snowplow naming contest returns
The contest that brought the state Betty Whiteout, Plowy McPlowFace and Ctrl Salt Delete is back.
For the third straight year, the Minnesota Department of Transportation is hosting its Name a Snowplow contest.
Minnesotans are urged to submit their witty name ideas on MnDOT’s website now through Dec. 16.
After that time, the agency’s staff will narrow the list of submissions down to some finalists for the public to vote on next month. The eight most popular names will then make their way onto a snowplow.
It’s important to note:
- Each person can only submit one name.
- Submissions have to be 30 characters or less.
- Entries can’t have any profanity or they’ll be excluded.
- Politically inspired names, including phrases, slogans or plays on names, also won’t be considered.
- Past winners will also be excluded.
Last year’s winning names can be found here. The winners of the inaugural year were:
- Plowy McPlowFace
- Ope, Just Gonna Plow Right Past Ya
- Duck Duck Orange Truck
- Plow Bunyan
- Snowbi Wan Kenobi
- F. Salt Fitzgerald
- Darth Blader
- The Truck Formerly Known As Plow
Happy naming, Minnesota!