Man charged in Minneapolis bus shelter crash found incompetent
A man charged after allegedly crashing his vehicle into a Minneapolis bus shelter last year has been found incompetent to stand trial.
Court records show 84-year-old George Reeves Jensen, of Champlin, was found incompetent Tuesday. He’d previously pleaded guilty to five counts of criminal vehicular operation in connection to the crash.
His next hearing is set for Jan. 5, 2021. At that time, another competency evaluation will be done to determine whether the case can proceed or not.
On July 9, 2019, six men were injured and three were in critical condition after a van police said was driven by Jensen crashed into a bus shelter at Broadway and Lyndale avenues in north Minneapolis. Investigators said Jensen was circling the area before he clipped a bus and hit the shelter. He was tested for alcohol and showed no signs of impairment.