Advertisement

Over 1,400 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Wisconsin, 25 deaths

A worker helps a drive up voter outside the Frank P. Zeidler Municipal Building Monday March 30, 2020, in Milwaukee. Photo: AP Photo/Morry Gash. A worker helps a drive up voter outside the Frank P. Zeidler Municipal Building Monday March 30, 2020, in Milwaukee.

Tommy Wiita
Updated: March 31, 2020 07:22 PM
Created: March 31, 2020 01:51 PM

A total of 1,417 confirmed COVID-19 cases have been diagnosed in Wisconsin, according to ABC affiliate WISN

The COVID-19 death toll in the state now stands at *26. Two more people died in the most recent report.

Advertisement

The updated numbers were released Tuesday afternoon by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.

Full coverage on COVID-19 pandemic

In all, 17,375 (92.6%) tests have come back negative. A combined 53% of cases include those that are age 50 and older in the state. The other 47% ranges in ages from 10 to 49.

The state only reported 16 deaths but did not take into account nine more deaths reported Tuesday, according to WISN.

WISN reports an 85-year-old African American woman, from Waukesha County, died on Tuesday from complications from the virus. She had reportedly been hospitalized for several days. A 72-year-old Hispanic man from Milwaukee County also died from COVID-19 implications on Tuesday. 

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Wisconsin had the 20th most cases in the United States as of Tuesday.

*Editor's note: Counties report additional deaths and numbers that are not included in the state's report.


Copyright 2020 - KSTP-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook
Advertisement

Cleanup underway at scene of large downtown St. Paul fire

Home of Minneapolis City Council president vandalized

Gophers wide receiver Rashod Bateman opts out of 2020 season due to COVID-19 concerns

Parents unhappy with school options assemble learning 'pods'

Honda recalls 1.6M vans and SUVs in 4 different US recalls

MSHSL to weigh options for fall sports

Advertisement