The first 100,000 Minnesotans who get their first shot between May 27 and June 30 can choose a reward of their preference from a list of options, including:
- Great Lakes Aquarium Pass — Eligible for one entrance to the Great Lakes Aquarium in Duluth. Valid until July 1, 2023. The Minnesota Department of Health will provide recipients' contact information to the Aquarium which will mail tickets to Minnesotans who select this option.
- Mall of America Nickelodeon Universe Pass — Eligible for a 30-point ride pass at Nickelodeon Universe that can be redeemed through September 1, 2021. The Minnesota Department of Health will provide recipients' contact information to Mall of America who will send information to redeem the pass.
- Minnesota Fishing License — Eligible for one individual Minnesota resident annual fishing license effective through February 2022. Must be redeemed by July 30, 2021. Recipient must be eligible to hold a Minnesota fishing license. The Minnesota Department of Health will provide recipients' contact information to the Department of Natural Resources which will reach out to Minnesotans to complete their fishing license application.
- Minnesota State Parks Pass — Eligible for one Minnesota State Parks annual pass. Minnesotans will receive the pass in the mail from the Department of Natural Resources. The Minnesota Department of Health will provide recipients' contact information to the Department of Natural Resources which will mail the State Parks pass.
- Minnesota Zoo Admission — Eligible for one adult admission at the Minnesota Zoo through September 8. The Minnesota Department of Health will provide recipients' contact information to the Minnesota Zoo which will email information in order for Minnesotans to redeem their admission.
- Northwoods Baseball League Tickets — Eligible for one reserved ticket to attend a Northwoods League baseball game during the 2021 season. The Minnesota Department of Health will provide recipients' contact information to the Northwoods League and Minnesotans will call the ticket office of the team they select and provide their full name and address for verification to reserve their ticket. Tickets are based on availability at the time of calling. Participating teams include the Rochester Honkers, Willmar Stingers, Mankato MoonDogs, St. Cloud Rox and the Duluth Huskies.
- State Fair Tickets — Eligible for two admission tickets to the 2021 Minnesota State Fair. The Minnesota Department of Health will provide recipients' contact information to the State Fair which will email tickets no later than July 16, 2021.
- Valleyfair Single-Day Admission — Valid for one Valleyfair admission ticket and the chance to purchase additional tickets for the same date at a discounted rate during the 2021 season. The Minnesota Department of Health will provide a unique code via email in order for Minnesotans to redeem this offer.
- $25 Visa Card — Eligible for a $25 Visa Card to be used anywhere Visa is accepted. Minnesotans will receive the cards by mail or email from the Minnesota Department of Health or a State of Minnesota Vendor.
"Summer is here, vaccines are working, and we are still going full steam ahead finding ways to keep our communities safe," Walz said. "We've had great success in our state so far with more than 2.5 million Minnesotans fully vaccinated, and we want to build on that success and get the broad community protection needed for everyone to have the fun, safe summer they want. Whether it's fishing, exploring our state parks, taking the family to a ball game or the Minnesota State Fair, we want to help get you there safely. So roll up your sleeves, make that vaccine appointment, and pick your reward, Minnesota — this is your shot to summer."
At a news conference at Fort Snelling State Park Thursday afternoon, the governor acknowledged that the modest Minnesota incentives don't have the "wow" factor that California got by announcing $116.5 million in cash prizes. Or in Ohio, where the first of five $1 million prizes was awarded this week.
"We believe this is a good way to get some excitement back in it," the governor said in response to a question about incentives in other states. "We did talk about that and continue to say 'You know, are there other things we can do?' I just think this one you're not in a lottery. Like in those states it's all or nothing. Somebody might get a million but there's going to be a 100,000 getting nothing. Here in Minnesota, everybody is getting something."
Minnesotans can verify their first dose and indicate their preferred reward online.