At the end of every "Truth Test," 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS and KSTP.com assign the tested political ad a grade.
Here's the criteria we use to determine that grade:
- An "A" requires nearly complete accuracy with little exaggeration and little or no need for more context.
- A "B" requires mostly accurate information, but gets marked down for minor exaggerations and misleading information.
- A "C" can be the result of inaccurate information or exaggerated information that misleads and gives the viewer no context.
- A "D" is the result of at least half the information being false or misleading to the point of leaving a false impression.
- An "F" is the result of more than half the information being outright false as well as misleading and out of context.