Timberwolves Security to Use Metal Detectors on Fans
Starting Wednesday, Timberwolves fans will have to pass metal detectors at home games.
The team will heighten its security as part of the NBA's ongoing efforts to increase fan safety, the team announced. The new security measures will start Wednesday at its game against the Philadelphia 76ers.
Workers will be screening all fans with handheld metal detectors upon entering the Target Center. The screening will be for all of the team's remaining home games.
To prepare for the new screening, fans should:
- Arrive early
- Allow extra time for the screening
- Cooperate with security
- Be patient while fans and security adjust to the changes
- Use lines that are shorter, or moving faster
- Have purses and coats open, ready for inspection
- Do not bring food and beverages into the Target Center
- Do not bring firearms, knives and other weapons into the stadium
Photo contributed by the Timberwolves.