Rep. Ellison Rallies Monday with Federal Workers in Mpls.
Congressman Keith Ellison
Photo: KSTP File Photo
Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) held a rally in Minneapolis on Monday, Oct. 7, with furloughed federal employees.
The government shutdown has affected 18,000 workers in Minnesota. Read more about the local impacts of the shutdown here.
Ellison calls it a "Republican government shutdown." Read more about the Republican and Democratic debate regarding the shutdown here.
The rally included furloughed workers. It took place at the Federal Courthouse Plaza in Minneapolis.
- Expert: Shutdown Hurt Midwest Business Conditions
- Delayed Sept. US Jobs Report to be Issued Tuesday
- Despite Setback, GOP Has Impressive Budgetary Wins
- Little Appetite for Another Shutdown, But Alternative Elusive
- Superior National Forest Returning to Normal After Shutdown
- Cruz: Senate Won't Make Same Mistake in Next Fight
- Budget Crisis Exposes Deepening Rift in GOP
- Relief Around World as US Avoids Debt Default
- S&P 500 Reaches All-Time High After US Debt Deal
- Minneapolis Bar Prepares to Brew Beer After Government Shutdown