Judge: Closing Arguments Expected Tuesday in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial
Judge Leonardo Castro laid out a timeline at the end of day six in Jeffery Trevino's murder trial. He said closing arguments and deliberation is currently slated for Tuesday, leaving just several days left.
The Steger family tells 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS they're ready to have a proper funeral for their daughter, Kira Steger, once investigators release her body and belongings back to them at the end of the trial.
Day six of Jeffrey Trevino's murder trial wrapped after a BCA investigator testified she couldn't match anyone's DNA to the evidence collected from the couple's St. Paul home. However, she did find blood evidence on one of Trevino's shoes. Although it was mixed, she testified the DNA was "predominant of Kira and didn't match anyone else in the house."
One of the biggest questions left as the trial starts winding to a close - will Jeffery Trevino testify? The judge ordered the defense must give an answer by Monday afternoon.
- Jeffery Trevino Sentenced to 27 Years, Kira Steger’s Family Wanted More
- Friends, Family Say Goodbye to Kira Steger
- Kira Steger's Family Plans to Lay Her to Rest
- Court Asked to Toss Jeffery Trevino's Murder Conviction
- INTERVIEW: Defense Attorney Weighs in on Trevino Trial
- NEWS CONFERENCE: Steger Family Speaks Following Verdict in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial
- Kira Steger's Father: Justice Has Been Done
- Testimony: Trevino Concerned About Missing Wife's 'Stuff'
- Judge: Closing Arguments Expected Tuesday in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial
- Expert: Blood Found in Kira Steger's Home