Minn. Orchestra says Musicians Let Offer Expire
Management of the Minnesota Orchestra says its locked-out musicians have let a contract offer expire with no counteroffer.
The orchestra's management says the offer expired at 5 p.m. Monday. Management says the union did not respond to the proposal offered to musicians on Sept. 14.
A union spokesman says the proposal was the same one that musicians have previously rejected by unanimous votes.
The proposal came out of a confidential mediation process. Details were not released.
Management says salary cuts and other concessions are needed to keep the orchestra solvent. Both sides are working with mediator George Mitchell.
Osmo Vanska has threatened to resign as music director if the orchestra has to cancel concerts set for November at Carnegie Hall. He has said rehearsals need to begin by next Monday.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Group of Minn. Lawmakers Call for Resignation of Orchestra Management
- Minnesota Orchestra Talks Break Off Again
- Lawmaker Suggests 'Community Ownership' of Minn. Orchestra
- Vanska to Return for Minnesota Orchestra Farewell
- Famed Conductor Resigns From Minn. Orchestra
- Lockout Could Mean Resignation of Minn. Orchestra Conductor
- Minn. Orchestra Musicians Reject Latest Proposal
- Minnesota Orchestra Musicians to Vote Saturday
- Minnesota Orchestra Makes New Contract Offer
- Minn. Orchestra says Musicians Let Offer Expire