Fire Reported in Office Space at Verso Paper Mill in Sartell
Photo: KSTP File Photo
A fire broke out at the Verso Paper Mill site in Sartell early Thursday morning, sparking memories of the fire that destroyed the mill more than a year ago.
The fire was reported around 6:40 a.m. Firefighters with the Sartell Fire Department say the fire was in an office portion of the plant and was quickly extinguished. No injuries were reported.
In May 2012, an explosion and fire at the Verso Paper Mill killed one employee and injured four others in Sartell. The mill was a major employer in the Central Minnesota town until the fire caused it to permanently shut down, putting nearly 260 people out of work.
- Fire Reported in Office Space at Verso Paper Mill in Sartell
- Demolition of Former Minn. Paper Mill Begins
- Council Approves 1st Permit for Verso Demolition
- Verso Paper Corp. Fined for Fatal Explosion/Fire
- Gov. Dayton Offers Sartell Support After Paper Mill Announcement
- Dayton Visits Sartell Following Paper Mill Closing Announcement
- Friends Remember Father of 4 Killed in Mill Explosion, Fire
- 1 Killed, 5 Injured in Explosion, Fire at Sartell Paper Mill
- SLIDESHOW & VIDEO: Paper Mill Fire in Sartell