Navy Yard Shooting Shakes Fort Hood Victims
Latrobe Gate, Washington Navy Yard.
Photo: MGN Online
Survivors and relatives of those killed in the shooting rampage at the Fort Hood military base in Texas say the attack at the Navy Yard in Washington has brought back memories from 2009.
The shooting in Washington on Monday came just weeks after Nidal Hasan was convicted and sentenced to death for killing 13 people and wounding dozens at Fort Hood.
Kathy Platoni watched a friend bleed to death in Fort Hood. She watched the Navy Yard news unfold at a doctor's office. She says she tried to hide her shaking from other patients.
Keely Cahill's father, Michael Cahill, was killed by Hasan when he tried to stop the rampage. She says she keeps thinking of families sitting and waiting for news about their loved ones.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family of Navy Yard Shooting Victim Files Lawsuit
- FBI: Surveillance Video and Photos of DC Navy Yard Shooter
- Hundreds Honor 2 Fathers Killed at Navy Yard
- FBI: Navy Yard Gunman Left Note about Radio Waves
- Report: Navy Yard Shooter Lied about Previous Arrest, Debts
- Obama: To Honor Victims, We 'Have to Change'
- ATF Kept Out of The Loop After Navy Yard Shooting
- 'I Felt Him Breathe': Escape from the Navy Yard
- Obama, First Lady, to Attend Navy Yard Memorial
- How Can Red Flags be Missed like Navy Shooter?