Minn. Vikings Stadium Timetable to Get Updated
Vikings Stadium plans
Photo: Ryan Companies
The much-anticipated groundbreaking for a new Minnesota Vikings football stadium is being pushed out a bit longer.
Officials involved in the $975 million planned Friday to discuss an updated timetable. Minnesota Sports Facilities Authority leader Michele Kelm-Helgen says that they're now eying a November start to significant construction. That's slightly later than the tentative October schedule set earlier.
The Vikings stadium project is churning along behind the scenes, with millions of dollars in contracts already inked. Yet to come are a lease with the team, a maximum construction price and a bond sale to pay for it.
Meanwhile, the authority is conducting a probe into the finances of the team's New Jersey-based owners. The examination is meant to ensure the team's $477 million private financial pledge will be met.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Downtown East Development won't Include Luxury Radisson Hotel
- Big Crane Delivery Begins at Vikings Stadium Site
- Crews Break Ground on Downtown East Development Near Vikings Stadium
- INTERVIEW: Downtown East Development Groundbreaking
- Vikings to Pay Additional $1.2M Toward New Stadium
- Final Four Bid for Minneapolis Gets Boost in Dallas
- Demolition of the Metrodome Complete Weeks Ahead of Schedule
- New Vikings Stadium Taking Shape with First Deck Pour
- Hiring Blitz Underway For New Vikings Stadium
- Minneapolis City Council Grants Ryan Co. 'Air Rights'