Crews Make Final Touches for Minnesota State Fair
The countdown is on for the Great Minnesota Get Together and it's busy at the state fairgrounds.
The last six fairs combined have drawn more than 10 million people.
Getting the grounds ready is hard work. On Saturday, workers put finishing touches on rides at the mighty midway.
The fair starts Thursday Aug. 22 and runs through Labor Day.
Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors and kids. Children ages 5 and under are free.
You can watch our newscasts live from the fair, starting the first day with 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS midday at 11 a.m.
5 EYEWITNESS NEWS will be in the building at the corner of Carnes Avenue and Chambers Street.
- Click here for a list of new attractions.
- Click here for a list of new food items.
- Fair Organizers Hope Labor Day, Cooler Temps Help Attendance
- Swing Performance at the State Fair
- State Fair Takes Precautions to Combat Heat Wave
- Local Farmers, Chefs Create Homegrown Treats at State Fair
- State Fair Day 3: 4-H Day, Sammy Hagar
- KSTP Anchors Test Out 'Ice Rink' at the State Fair
- Food Prices at Minn. State Fair Remain Steady in 2013
- Winger Woman Named 60th Princess Kay
- State Fair Parade Will Honor Vietnam Veterans
- INTERVIEW: U of M Launches 'Health Quest App' for Fair