5K Memorial Run Set for Danielle Jelinek
Another memorial is in the works to honor Danielle Jelinek.
The Oakdale woman disappeared in December 2012 and her body was found in Spring 2013.
The 5k for Dani J is happening Aug. 17 at Colby Lake in Woodbury. Registration is at 8:00 a.m., and the run walk starts at 9:00 a.m.
Proceeds will benefit the Domestic Abuse Project to save other women from violence and abuse.
Family members had contacted police on Dec. 9, to do a welfare check at the home of Aaron Schnagl, Jelinek's on-again, off-again boyfriend. That's where she was last seen.
Schnagl is currently in jail on drug charges. He has not been charged in Jelinek's disappearance.
In May, her body was found near his home.
- 5K Memorial Run Set for Danielle Jelinek
- LIST: 2013 Domestic Violence Cases
- Hike in Domestic Violence in Some Metro Counties
- Domestic Violence Groups Demand More Funding, Help for Victims
- Form Helps Minn. Police Assess High-Risk Domestic Abuse
- Father of Murdered Teen: Glad Suspect Was Denied Bail