RAW VIDEO: First Lesbian Couple in Minn. Take Vows, Get Married
Margaret Miles and Cathy ten Broeke were the first gay couple to get married in Minn.
Photo: KSTP/ Kate Renner
The first same-sex couple to get married in Minnesota took their vows just before the stroke of midnight.
Margaret Miles and Cathy ten Broeke were joined by 5-year-old Louis for the ceremony.
Mayor R.T. Rybak had to stall for several minutes to wait until after midnight, the official time for gay marriage to be legal in the state.
The crowd at Minneapolis City Hall erupted as Mayor Rybak announced "I now pronounce you legally married, You may kiss the bride."
Watch video of the ceremony in the video box above.
Video courtesy of the uptake.org
- KSTP/SurveyUSA: Gay Marriage Still Divides Minnesotans
- Gay Weddings Become Reality in Hawaii with New Law
- Cheney Sisters Spar on Same-Sex Marriage
- Gov. Signs Bill Legalizing Gay Marriage in Hawaii
- Minnesota Couple Ties Knot on 11-12-13
- Ill. Set to be 15th State to Allow Gay Marriage
- Prosecutor Won't Hear Plea in Granite Falls Double Killing
- Minn. to Allow Sex Offenders in Program to Marry
- Gay Marriage Licenses Ran High in St. Louis County
- Celebrations Under Way on 'Freedom to Marry' Day