Timeline: Same-Sex Marriage Battle in Minnesota
Track the historical battle for same-sex marriage in Minnesota, beginning in 1971.
Some images are courtesy of the Minnesota Historical Society. The source of information is the Minnesota Reference Library.
- KSTP/SurveyUSA: Gay Marriage Still Divides Minnesotans
- Gay Weddings Become Reality in Hawaii with New Law
- Cheney Sisters Spar on Same-Sex Marriage
- Gov. Signs Bill Legalizing Gay Marriage in Hawaii
- Minnesota Couple Ties Knot on 11-12-13
- Ill. Set to be 15th State to Allow Gay Marriage
- Prosecutor Won't Hear Plea in Granite Falls Double Killing
- Minn. to Allow Sex Offenders in Program to Marry
- Gay Marriage Licenses Ran High in St. Louis County
- Celebrations Under Way on 'Freedom to Marry' Day