Prosecutor: Sentencing to Prove Castro is Monster
Image: MGN Online
An Ohio prosecutor says he'll present evidence at the sentencing of convicted kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro that will prove he is a monster.
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Tim McGinty says experts at Castro's Thursday sentencing will explain how he manipulated three women to keep them captive for a decade or longer.
McGinty hinted last week at some of the conditions found inside the house, including keeping lights turned off and using curtains as sound barriers.
The 53-year-old Castro pleaded guilty Friday to 937 counts of kidnapping, rape, assault and other charges in a deal that sends him to prison for life plus 1,000 years.
Castro abducted the women in Cleveland between 2002 and 2004 when they were 14 to 20 years old. They escaped in May.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ohio Kidnapping Survivors are Working on Book
- 3 Kidnapped Ohio Women Could Receive Compensation
- Autoerotic Asphyxiation Possible in Castro Death
- Ohio Reviewing Ariel Castro's Prison Cell Suicide
- Ohio Man Who Held 3 Women Captive Hangs Himself
- Cleveland House in Kidnap, Rape Case is Demolished
- Former Ohio Captive Says She Knew She'd Escape
- Ohio Man Gets Life Term in Kidnapping of 3 Women
- RAW: Cleveland Kidnapping Victim: I Cried Every Night
- Prosecutor: Sentencing to Prove Castro is Monster