Search KSTP.com   
Keyword   
KSTP on Twitter KSTP on Facebook KSTP RSS Make KSTP Your Homepage

Created: 07/31/2013 12:25 PM KSTP.com | Print |  Email
By: Scott Theisen

Prosecutor: Sentencing to Prove Castro is Monster


Image: MGN Online

An Ohio prosecutor says he'll present evidence at the sentencing of convicted kidnapper and rapist Ariel Castro that will prove he is a monster.
 
Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Tim McGinty says experts at Castro's Thursday sentencing will explain how he manipulated three women to keep them captive for a decade or longer.
 
McGinty hinted last week at some of the conditions found inside the house, including keeping lights turned off and using curtains as sound barriers.
 
The 53-year-old Castro pleaded guilty Friday to 937 counts of kidnapping, rape, assault and other charges in a deal that sends him to prison for life plus 1,000 years.
 
Castro abducted the women in Cleveland between 2002 and 2004 when they were 14 to 20 years old. They escaped in May.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Related Stories:



Video


Trending

Daily Poll