DOCUMENTS: Civil Rights Lawsuits Name Suspended Mpls. Police Officers
New information about the two Minneapolis officers on leave, who are accused of using racial and sexual slurs.
5 EYEWITNESS NEWS has obtained documents of the ongoing federal lawsuits, alleging officers Brian Thole and Shawn Powell violated the civil rights of minorities before the Green Bay incident.
- Two of the lawsuits name Shawn Powell. Click here to read the documents for Powell.
- The third targets Brian Thole. Click here to read the documents for Thole.
All alleged victims in those lawsuits are minorities. The cases involve a man who was shot to death; another man was beaten in a high-profile incident, which led to sweeping policy changes and a sizable settlement.
- Source: 2 Mpls. Officers Accused of Racial Slurs Were Fired
- Judge Recommends Wrongful Death Civil Suit Naming Mpls. Officers be Dismissed
- No Charges Against Minneapolis Cops in Green Bay Case
- 'Tired' of Slurs, Mpls. Police Advisory Council Meets in Private
- Mpls. Police Use 'National Night Out' to Rebuild Trust
- INTERVIEW: Police Chief Talks About MPD Investigation
- MPD Chief: Slur Cases Could be Referred to FBI
- INTERVIEW: Pres. of Police Federation on MPD Officers Investigation
- Union Supports Review of MPD Hiring Practices after Slurs
- Mpls. Police Union Issues First Statement on Slurs Scandal