Funeral Wednesday for Toddler Found Dead in Trunk
A community visitation and funeral service has been set up to remember Isaiah Theis.
Polk County deputies found the 2-year-old's body in the trunk of a locked car near his home Wednesday night.
Isaiah had several sets of keys with him, according to the family's pastor and friend, Rick Van Gundy. He says among them was the key to the locked car in which Isaiah's body was discovered.
Van Gundy was among those who took part in the search for Isaiah. He says he used a flashlight himself to look inside and under the car but says it never occurred to anyone at the time to look in the trunk because the car was locked.
Preliminary autopsy reports show Isaiah likely died of hyperthermia due to the heat.
They don't suspect foul play.
A visitation will be held from 4-8 p.m. Tuesday, July 23, at Trollhaugen Convention Center at 2232 100th Avenue in Dresser, Wis.
The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. There will be a private burial for family members to attend.
- Private Funeral Wednesday for Wis. Boy Found Dead in Trunk
- Funeral Wednesday for Toddler Found Dead in Trunk
- Memorial Fund Set Up for Family of Toddler Found in Trunk
- Isaiah Theis Memorial Fund
- Pastor: Wis. Toddler Found Dead in Trunk with Keys
- RAW: Sheriff Announces Autopsy Results of Wis. Boy
- Next Steps in Wis. Toddler Death Investigation
- Community Offers Support after Death of Wis. Toddler
- NEWS CONFERENCE: Investigation After Death of Western Wis. Toddler
- Circumstances of Wis. Toddler's Death Remain a Mystery