Couple Wounded in Theater Shooting Weds on Anniversary
Photo: MGN Online
Two people injured in the theater shooting in Aurora, Colo., one year ago marked the anniversary Saturday afternoon by getting married.
Eugene Han and Kirstin Davis said they wanted to turn July 20 into a celebration.
Friends who also survived the shooting took part in the ceremony at Village East Baptist Church in Aurora as senior pastor Robert McClendon gave a prayer for the couple and for those still grieving.
McClendon said the time is "both happy and sacred."
Han and Davis were among the 70 people injured in the shooting. Twelve people were killed.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- James Holmes in Court for Expert Witness Hearing
- Media Object to Secret Sanity Hearing for James Holmes
- Colorado Theater Shooting Trial Postponed over Sanity Issue
- James Holmes Defense, Prosecutors Resume Evidence Battle
- Judge: Holmes Prosecutors Can See Mental Records
- Holmes' Lawyers Hint They're Not Ready for Trial
- Prosecutors Ask for Holmes' Mental Health Records
- Victim of Colo. Shooting to Finish Cross-Country Bike Tour
- Couple Wounded in Theater Shooting Weds on Anniversary
- Colo. Gun-Rights Rally Called 'Slap in the Face'