Community Offers Support after Death of Wis. Toddler
KSTP Photo: Tom Durian
A community is mourning the death of a Western Wisconsin toddler.
Isaiah Theis was found dead Wednesday night in a trunk of a car near his home. He had been missing since Tuesday night.
There was an outpouring of community support during the search for Isaiah with more than 2,000 people combing the land near the toddler's home.
Thursday night, they came together in Centuria under different circumstances.
A vigil was held at a city park to remember Isaiah.
The organizer of the vigil had never met the Theis family, but after days of volunteering in a search that ended in heartbreak he wanted to do something. He reached out to neighbors on social media to ask them to join him in remembrance.
Pastors offered words of hope and comfort to the crowd as they lit candles and shed tears together for Isaiah.
Click here to read more about the investigation.
- Private Funeral Wednesday for Wis. Boy Found Dead in Trunk
- Funeral Wednesday for Toddler Found Dead in Trunk
- Memorial Fund Set Up for Family of Toddler Found in Trunk
- Isaiah Theis Memorial Fund
- Pastor: Wis. Toddler Found Dead in Trunk with Keys
- RAW: Sheriff Announces Autopsy Results of Wis. Boy
- Next Steps in Wis. Toddler Death Investigation
- Community Offers Support after Death of Wis. Toddler
- NEWS CONFERENCE: Investigation After Death of Western Wis. Toddler
- Circumstances of Wis. Toddler's Death Remain a Mystery