Colo. Gun-Rights Group Denies Rally is Insensitive
Photo: MGN Online
A gun-rights group denies it's being insensitive by scheduling a rally in the same park where another group plans to the read names of gun violence victims on the anniversary of the Colorado theater shootings.
Rocky Mountain Gun Owners scheduled a rally for Friday to coincide with a remembrance ceremony planned by Mayors Against Illegal Guns.
Both will gather at noon at a Denver-area park.
Park officials couldn't immediately say how close together the events would be.
Rocky Mountain Gun Owners on Thursday accused Mayors Against Illegal Guns of politicizing the tragedy in a Denver suburb. Twelve people were killed and 70 were hurt one year ago Saturday.
Tom Sullivan's son was killed and he says he'll be at the remembrance. Sullivan says the nation needs "common-sense" gun policies.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Judge Puts James Holmes' 2nd Mental Exam on Hold
- James Holmes in Court for Expert Witness Hearing
- Media Object to Secret Sanity Hearing for James Holmes
- Colorado Theater Shooting Trial Postponed over Sanity Issue
- James Holmes Defense, Prosecutors Resume Evidence Battle
- Judge: Holmes Prosecutors Can See Mental Records
- Holmes' Lawyers Hint They're Not Ready for Trial
- Prosecutors Ask for Holmes' Mental Health Records
- Victim of Colo. Shooting to Finish Cross-Country Bike Tour
- Couple Wounded in Theater Shooting Weds on Anniversary