Parents of Trayvon Martin to Join Saturday Vigils
Photo: MGN Online
Trayvon Martin's parents plan to participate in separate vigils Saturday.
Martin's mother and her son, Sybrina Sabrina and Jahvaris Fulton, will join Al Sharpton outside New York Police Department headquarters.
Martin's father, Tracy Martin, is set to be at a similar event at a federal courthouse in Miami.
Sharpton's National Action Network is planning rallies in 100 cities to press for federal civil rights charges against George Zimmerman.
The Justice Department is investigating whether Zimmerman violated Martin's civil rights when he shot the 17-year-old during a February 2012 confrontation in Sanford, Fla.
Zimmerman said he fired in self-defense. He was acquitted last Saturday of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Prosecutor: No Domestic Charges Against George Zimmerman
- George Zimmerman Released from Jail
- Judge to Decide if Zimmerman is Released on Bail
- iPad Video Could be Key in George Zimmerman Case
- Zimmerman's Wife Seeks Life Insurance Policy
- George Zimmerman's Wife Pleads Guilty to Perjury
- Zimmerman Will Ask Fla. to Pay Some Bills
- Ohio Gun Group Raises $12,000 for George Zimmerman
- Juror Feels She Let Down Trayvon Martin's Parents
- Officials: Zimmerman Helped 4 Out of Car Wreck