Elk River Fire Chief to Attend AZ Firefighters' Memorial
Elk River’s Fire Chief will attend the memorial service for the 19 firefighters killed battling the Yarnell Hill wildfire.
District Chief Phil Collins left Sunday for the service that will be held on Tuesday at the Tim’s Toyota Center arena in Prescott Valley.
"The fire service brotherhood is something that extends across the country and around the world. We all mourn together over the loss of a colleague - a brother (or sister), " a statement read from the Elk River Fire Department.
The service will start at 11 a.m., at the 5,000 seat arena, located at 3201 N. Main St. in Prescott Valley.
The bodies of the 19 firefighters were to be taken to Prescott in a public procession on Sunday.
- Radio Blackout Cited in Deaths of 19 Arizona Firefighters
- AZ Fire Site Reveals Charred Landscape, Rough Terrain
- Elk River Fire Chief to Attend AZ Firefighters' Memorial
- 45 Percent Containment on Deadly Ariz. Fire
- Minn. Firefighters Mourn Deaths of 19 in Arizona
- Portable Shelters Couldn't Save 19 Firefighters in AZ