Power Outage Cancels Some Summer School in Mpls.
Photo courtesy of Geoff Mahoney.
Minneapolis Public Schools is canceling summer programs at six buildings that lost power due to recent storms.
Programs are canceled Monday at Folwell, Lucy Laney, Nellie Stone Johnson and South High School. Also closed are the Broadway High School summer program at Longfellow and the South Campus Adult Basic Education program.
Minneapolis Public Schools says the cancellations affect about 2,000 students who attend summer school and other programs in Minneapolis.
The Broadway High School summer program at Longfellow will remain closed Tuesday. Summer programs at all other sites will continue as scheduled.
The district says storm damage caused power outages at nine Minneapolis Public Schools buildings.
Click here for updates from Minneapolis Public Schools.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Federal and State Agencies Tour Minn. Storm Damage
- Brooklyn Center: Storm Damage Not Enough to Trigger Clean-Up
- Metro Cities Working to Cleanup Storm's Aftermath
- Thousands of Minnesotans Lose Food Due to Power Outages
- Storm Clean Up Continues, No Species of Tree Spared
- WEB EXTRA: Chopper 5 Flies Over Minn. Storm Damage
- Powerless Tap Into Electricity Elsewhere After Storms
- Tracking Potential Severe Weather Tuesday
- Glencoe, Albertville Continue Clean Up After Sunday Storm
- Power Outage Cancels Some Summer School in Mpls.