Ex-Mpls. Cop Pleads Guilty to Charges of Soliciting a Minor
Bradley Schnickel of Andover
A former Minneapolis police officer accused of sexually assaulting young girls has pleaded guilty to sending nude photographs of himself to two teenage girls in Hennepin County.
Thirty-two-year-old Bradley Schnickel is accused of soliciting sex online from nearly two dozen young girls in Anoka and Hennepin counties. Prosecutors say in a few cases, he had sexual contact with the girls.
The guilty plea Thursday is in connection to Hennepin County charges only. Schnickel still faces multiple charges in Anoka County.
According to the Hennepin County Attorney's Office, Schnickel pleaded guilty to two of four charges of soliciting a minor over the Internet - one charge for each of the Hennepin County victims.
Schnickel is scheduled to be sentenced Aug. 27. If the judge agrees to the plea deal, he will be sentenced to a year in the Hennepin County Workhouse and will have to register as a predatory offender, the county attorney's office says. He'll also be sentenced to 15 months in prison on each of count, but that will be stayed for a six-year probationary term.
Schnickel was fired from the police department in February.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Former Mpls. Police Officer Sentenced to Year in Workhouse for Soliciting Girls on Internet
- Prosecutor: Officer Accused of Sexual Assault Shouldn't Work at Mall
- Ex-Mpls. Cop Pleads Guilty to Charges of Soliciting a Minor
- 8 New Charges for Ex-Mpls. Cop Accused of Sex Crime
- New Charge for Ex-Mpls Cop Accused of Sex Crime
- Mpls Officer Charged with Sex Abuse Appears in Court