RAW VIDEO: Oklahoma Officials Discuss Aftermath of Tornadoes
A hospital official in Oklahoma City says more than 75 people were injured during a burst of severe storms and tornadoes on Friday night.
Integris spokeswoman Brooke Cayot said Saturday that the hospital chain had treated 77 people. One remains in critical condition.
Nine people died during the storm, which struck the Oklahoma City area during rush hour, trapping many people in their cars along Interstate 40.
The National Weather Service reported Friday evening that "several" tornadoes rolled across the prairie. The official number of tornadoes has not yet been determined.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Toby Keith, Garth Brooks Plan Okla. Relief Concert
- 3 Veteran Storm Chasers Die in Okla. Tornado
- RAW VIDEO: Damage from Twisters in Oklahoma
- RAW VIDEO: Oklahoma Officials Discuss Aftermath of Tornadoes
- INTERVIEW: Minnesotans Helping in Oklahoma
- Minn. Volunteers Get to Work After Okla. Tornadoes
- Death Toll Rises to 9 in Okla. City Area after Tornadoes
- Anoka County Sheriff Collects Donations for Okla. Tornado Victims
- Obama: Gov't with Oklahoma 'Every Step' of the Way
- Minn. Native Loses 12 Horses in Oklahoma Tornado