Local Music Acts Set for Boston Benefit Show
Aerosmith, James Taylor and Jimmy Buffett are joining other artists for a benefit concert for victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
Tickets for the show scheduled Thursday at the TD Garden sold out in minutes after they went on sale May 6. Proceeds will benefit One Fund Boston, the compensation fund established by Gov. Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino to help those injured in the April 15 bombings and the families of three people killed.
Other confirmed acts include Jason Aldean, Boston, Extreme, Godsmack, The J. Geils Band, Carole King and New Kids on the Block.
Comedians Dane Cook and Steven Wright are also included in the lineup.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Remembering an Officer Slain after Boston Bombs Went Off
- Little Government Response to Boston Bombing a Year Later
- Man Charged with Marathon Hoax is Held on Bail
- At Boston Marathon, a Chance to Finally Finish
- Solemn Tributes Mark Boston Marathon Bombing
- President Obama Having Silent Moment for Boston Bombing
- TIMELINE: Events in the Boston Marathon Bombing
- WEB EXTRA: Witnesses Describe Scene of Marathon Bombing
- 3,300 Mile Race for Boston Marathon Victims Ends
- Boston Bombing Exhibit Includes Shoes, Runner Bibs