Local Music Acts Set for Boston Benefit Show
Aerosmith, James Taylor and Jimmy Buffett are joining other artists for a benefit concert for victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
Tickets for the show scheduled Thursday at the TD Garden sold out in minutes after they went on sale May 6. Proceeds will benefit One Fund Boston, the compensation fund established by Gov. Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Thomas Menino to help those injured in the April 15 bombings and the families of three people killed.
Other confirmed acts include Jason Aldean, Boston, Extreme, Godsmack, The J. Geils Band, Carole King and New Kids on the Block.
Comedians Dane Cook and Steven Wright are also included in the lineup.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- More than 3,500 Police Planned for Boston Marathon
- Boston Marathon Bans Bags as Part of Security Plan
- Judge Sets November Trial in Boston Marathon Bombing
- US Seeks Death Penalty for Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect
- Boston Marathon: World Series Honors Those Lost, Injured
- Boston Marathon Suspect May Pin Blame on Brother
- State Arrest Warrant Issued for Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect
- Boston Bombing Victims Learning to Run Again
- Marathon Bombing Suspect's Lawyers Want More Time
- Boston's Top Cop Stepping Down, Weighing Future