Uncle: Marathon Bombing Suspect Buried in Virginia
The uncle of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev says his nephew has been buried in Virginia.
Ruslan Tsarni said Friday that the body was buried with the help of a "faith coalition." He would not say where in Virginia the remains had been entombed.
The burial this week ended a frustrating search for a community willing to take the body, which had been kept at a funeral parlor in Worcester, Mass., as cemeteries refused to take the remains.
Tsarnaev was killed April 19 in a getaway attempt after a gunbattle with police. His younger brother, Dzhokhar, was captured later in the day and remains in custody.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Boston Marathon: World Series Honors Those Lost, Injured
- Boston Marathon Suspect May Pin Blame on Brother
- Boston Bombing Victims Learning to Run Again
- State Arrest Warrant Issued for Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect
- Marathon Bombing Suspect's Lawyers Want More Time
- Boston's Top Cop Stepping Down, Weighing Future
- Marathon Bombing Suspect's Friends Deny Obstruction Charge
- 2 Friends of Suspected Boston Marathon Bomber Indicted
- Last Hospitalized Marathon Bombing Victim Heads Home
- Cop who Leaked Bombing Suspect Photos Disciplined