Uncle: Marathon Bombing Suspect Buried in Virginia
The uncle of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev says his nephew has been buried in Virginia.
Ruslan Tsarni said Friday that the body was buried with the help of a "faith coalition." He would not say where in Virginia the remains had been entombed.
The burial this week ended a frustrating search for a community willing to take the body, which had been kept at a funeral parlor in Worcester, Mass., as cemeteries refused to take the remains.
Tsarnaev was killed April 19 in a getaway attempt after a gunbattle with police. His younger brother, Dzhokhar, was captured later in the day and remains in custody.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- MIT Honors Officer Slain after Boston Marathon Bombing
- Little Government Response to Boston Bombing a Year Later
- Man Charged with Marathon Hoax is Held on Bail
- At Boston Marathon, a Chance to Finally Finish
- Solemn Tributes Mark Boston Marathon Bombing
- President Obama Having Silent Moment for Boston Bombing
- TIMELINE: Events in the Boston Marathon Bombing
- WEB EXTRA: Witnesses Describe Scene of Marathon Bombing
- 3,300 Mile Race for Boston Marathon Victims Ends
- Boston Bombing Exhibit Includes Shoes, Runner Bibs