AG: Ohio Kidnap Suspect is Father of Captive Girl
Ariel Castro is the suspect in the Ohio kidnapping case.
The Ohio attorney general says tests have confirmed that alleged kidnapper Ariel Castro is the father of a 6-year-old girl rescued from his house with three women this week.
Attorney General Mike DeWine's office confirmed Castro's paternity in a news release Friday. DeWine says a sample of Castro's DNA was taken Thursday and forensic scientists worked through the night on the case.
The girl is the daughter of Amanda Berry, who authorities say was held for about a decade in Castro's house in Cleveland along with Gina Dejesus and Michelle Knight.
Castro is being held on $8 million bond.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ohio Kidnapping Survivors are Working on Book
- 3 Kidnapped Ohio Women Could Receive Compensation
- Autoerotic Asphyxiation Possible in Castro Death
- Ohio Reviewing Ariel Castro's Prison Cell Suicide
- Ohio Man Who Held 3 Women Captive Hangs Himself
- Cleveland House in Kidnap, Rape Case is Demolished
- Former Ohio Captive Says She Knew She'd Escape
- Ohio Man Gets Life Term in Kidnapping of 3 Women
- RAW: Cleveland Kidnapping Victim: I Cried Every Night
- Prosecutor: Sentencing to Prove Castro is Monster