Volunteers Plan More Searches for Kira Trevino
Searches are continuing for the body of Kira Steger Trevino, the St. Paul woman who has been missing since Feb. 21.
Her husband, Jeffrey Trevino, has been charged with her murder and is currently in jail. His trial is scheduled for late May.
A search is set for Harriet Island Regional Park on Saturday morning. According to the search Facebook page, volunteers will meet at 10 a.m.
St. Paul Police followed up on a tip Thursday and searched the Mississippi River banks.
Sgt. Paul Paulos with St. Paul Police said officials were near the Wakota Bridge between South St. Paul and Newport.
That search didn't turn up any sign of Kira.
Watch the video above for previous coverage on the search for Kira Trevino.
- Jeffery Trevino Appeals Murder Conviction in Death of Wife
- Jeffery Trevino Sentenced to 27 Years, Kira Steger’s Family Wanted More
- Friends, Family Say Goodbye to Kira Steger
- Kira Steger's Family Plans to Lay Her to Rest
- Court Asked to Toss Jeffery Trevino's Murder Conviction
- INTERVIEW: Defense Attorney Weighs in on Trevino Trial
- NEWS CONFERENCE: Steger Family Speaks Following Verdict in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial
- Kira Steger's Father: Justice Has Been Done
- Testimony: Trevino Concerned About Missing Wife's 'Stuff'
- Judge: Closing Arguments Expected Tuesday in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial