Volunteers Search Bunker Hills Regional Park for Kira Trevino
Sunday's search for the body of missing St. Paul woman, Kira Trevino, focused on Bunker Hills Regional Park in Coon Rapids.
Kira Trevino's father told KSTP he was out searching Sunday afternoon.
Friends and family aren't giving up, almost two months after Kira Trevino disappeared.
"I hate the thought that she could be out there... the thought of that just makes me sick," said volunteer Dana Epps.
Kira Trevino's husband, Jeffrey Trevino, is charged with second degree murder. He says he's not guilty.
This week, prosecutors requested a higher-than guideline sentence for Jeffery Trevino. He remains in custody, charged with her murder.
His trial is scheduled for late May.
- Jeffery Trevino Sentenced to 27 Years, Kira Steger’s Family Wanted More
- Friends, Family Say Goodbye to Kira Steger
- Kira Steger's Family Plans to Lay Her to Rest
- Court Asked to Toss Jeffery Trevino's Murder Conviction
- INTERVIEW: Defense Attorney Weighs in on Trevino Trial
- NEWS CONFERENCE: Steger Family Speaks Following Verdict in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial
- Kira Steger's Father: Justice Has Been Done
- Testimony: Trevino Concerned About Missing Wife's 'Stuff'
- Judge: Closing Arguments Expected Tuesday in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial
- Expert: Blood Found in Kira Steger's Home