Prosecutors Seek Tougher Sentence for Husband of Kira Trevino
The Ramsey County attorney's office is planning to ask for a tougher sentence for the husband of Kira Steger Trevino, if he is convicted of her murder.
This week prosecutors made a filing, asking to seek a higher guideline sentence for Jeffery Trevino because they believe he hid the body, according to county attorney's office spokesman Dennis Gerhardstein.
Thirty-year-old Kira Steger Trevino has been missing since Feb. 24, and her husband, 39-year-old Jeffery Trevino, is charged in his wife’s death. Although Kira Steger Trevino’s body has not been found, she’s presumed dead.
A tentative trial date of May 28 has been set for Jeffery Trevino, who has pleaded not guilty.
Volunteers have been searching for her body and will continue this weekend. The plan is to search Battle Creek Regional Park Saturday starting at 10 a.m., and then Bunker Hills Regional Park in Coon Rapids starting at 11 a.m. Sunday.
More information on the searches is available on Facebook.
- Jeffery Trevino Sentenced to 27 Years, Kira Steger’s Family Wanted More
- Friends, Family Say Goodbye to Kira Steger
- Kira Steger's Family Plans to Lay Her to Rest
- Court Asked to Toss Jeffery Trevino's Murder Conviction
- INTERVIEW: Defense Attorney Weighs in on Trevino Trial
- NEWS CONFERENCE: Steger Family Speaks Following Verdict in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial
- Kira Steger's Father: Justice Has Been Done
- Testimony: Trevino Concerned About Missing Wife's 'Stuff'
- Judge: Closing Arguments Expected Tuesday in Jeffery Trevino Murder Trial
- Expert: Blood Found in Kira Steger's Home