RAW VIDEO: Jury Rejects Insanity Defense in Schaffhausen Trial
Aaron Schaffhausen was not insane when he killed his three daughters last July at his ex-wife's home in River Falls, Wis.
After more than three hours of deliberations - a jury found Schaffhausen had a mental disease or defect during the killings of 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie, and 5-year-old Cecilia. But Schaffhausen didn't lack the substantial capacity to appreciate the wrongfulness of his conduct or to abide by the law, the jury ruled. The ruling rejected Schaffhausen's insanity defense. ... Continue reading.
- At Issue: State Legislative Session Starts; Obama Visits
- Mother of Schaffhausen Girls Trying to Bring 'More Love Back into this World'
- INTERVIEW: Mother of Schaffhausen Girls Working to Honor Their Memory
- Aaron Schaffhausen Ordered to Pay Ex-Wife $14K in Restitution
- Schaffhausen Home in River Falls is Demolished
- Jurors in Schaffhausen Trial are Reviewing Taped Police Interview
- Graphic Crime Photos Showed in Schaffhausen Trial
- Testimony Ends in Aaron Schaffhausen Insanity Trial
- Dismantling of Schaffhausen House Begins in River Falls, Wis.
- Schaffhausen Home, Land Profits to be Donated in Wis.