Minnesotans Pray for Pope Francis at Basilica of Saint Mary
The world continues the celebration after the selection of a new pope.
Thursday at the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis there was a special Mass to pray for Pope Francis, something he asked Catholics to do for him.
Rev. John Bauer with the Basilica of Saint Mary said, "Clearly he knew and understood that asking for the guidance for the spirit is understood as he took his new role and it is a vivid and clear reminder to us that it was not human praise that he sought but God's good grace."
Local Catholics told KSTP they were eager to give thanks for their new leader.
- Priest Gives Used Car to Pope, Who Wants to Drive
- Pope Washes Feet of Young Detainees in Ritual
- Delicate Diplomacy: Pope Meets Argentine President
- Vatican Defends Pope Against What it Calls Anti-Clerical Campaign
- VIDEO: St. Thomas Students Celebrate Pope Francis
- New Style of Papacy: Pope Francis Pays Hotel Bill
- Minnesotans Pray for Pope Francis at Basilica of Saint Mary
- Vatican: Francis Won't Visit Benedict Thursday
- INTERVIEW: UST Student in St. Peter Square for Pope Announcement
- Local Reaction to the Election of Pope Francis